When we began our engagement with Thunderbird School of Global Management the country was in the middle of an economic crisis and corporate budgets were being frozen or cut. Our task was to increase targeted leads to fulfill empty seats for the upcoming and future semesters on a smaller budget. We had to reach targeted prospects that were looking for higher education and reach prospects that had a global mindset. In addition, we were also faced with improving program efficiencies, integration and tracking.
PLAN: Focus on increasing and improving immediate lead flow by auditing existing Paid Search campaigns, implementing active management and analyzing Web site statistics. Parlay findings from Paid Search into an SEO strategy to build long-term growth and acquire leads from organic search.
- Analyze competitive landscape
- Restructure and reorganize Paid Search campaigns
- Develop conversion-oriented landing page structure (microsite)
- Learn from performance and integrate into other Internet marketing initiatives
- Tracking, measurement, reporting and optimization
RESULTS: Within the first six months of active Paid Search Management:
- Conversion Rate increased 381%
- Cost Per Lead decreased 68%
- 43% decrease in total costs
- Efficiencies were gained from search query data from Paid Search campaigns and parlayed into on-site SEO. Thus far, the site has experienced an average organic traffic increase of 476% YOY from intuitively relevant non-branded key terms within four months of implementing the first three phases of on-site SEO.